Disclosure: this post was sponsored by Giant Eagle and Nabisco. Photos and opinions are my own.
There’s something about the fall that calls for parties and get-togethers. It’s the return of football season, it’s back-to-school time, it’s generally that time when (for me, at least) the weather has cooled off so you want to be outside more. We’re still getting in that last summer grilling and the kids are still horsing around in the backyard. For us, this season has been special since we moved into a new home this spring. This means housewarming parties, and experiencing our first summer and fall in the new home, and having friends and family come to visit.
All of this, naturally, means plenty of food, whether its hot dogs on the grill, a special cake for our housewarming, or all the delicious snacks that go with game days and parties. We try to keep a variety of snacks on hand, and we’re always looking for new recipes to try.
We recently discovered a simple and easy to love recipe using RITZ Crackers and other goodies you can find at Giant Eagle. The Antipasto Football Stackers take RITZ Crackers (or you can sub in TRISCUIT Crackers or WHEAT THINS Snacks!) and are stacked with deli meats, fresh mozzarella, stuffed olives, and grape tomatoes, plus a little creamy Italian dressing to tie it all together.
Here’s the recipe:
Prep Time: 15 min Total Time: 15 min Makes 8 servings, 3 topped crackers each.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- 1/4 cup creamy Italian dressing, divided
- 6 slices salami (2 oz.), each cut into 4 pieces
- 3 slices deli-style roasted turkey breast, each cut into 8 pieces
- 3 slices deli-style Black Forest ham, each cut into 8 pieces
- 6 ciliegine fresh mozzarella balls in water, drained, each cut into 4 slices
- 12 small stuffed green olives
- 3 small grape tomatoes, quartered
- Place crackers in single layer on serving plate; drizzle evenly with half the dressing.
- Top with salami, turkey, ham and cheese, folding meat slices if necessary to fit.
- Add olives or tomato pieces to resemble footballs or helmets, securing all toppings with decorative toothpicks.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing before serving.
Enjoy your favorite foods on occasion but remember to keep tabs on portions.
Add a small lettuce leaf, baby spinach leaf or fresh basil leaf to each cracker before topping with the meat, cheese and remaining ingredients.
Prepare using your favorite variety of RITZ Crackers.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 150 calories, 10g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 0g dietary fiber, 1g sugars, 6g protein
We love the fresh mozzarella in particular, so we opted not to cut them into pieces. And you can choose a variety of stuffed olives from the olive bar at Giant Eagle.
It’s easy to make these RITZ Antipasto Football Stackers ahead of time, and you can tinker around with different stacks and designs. I’ve seen other fun recipes where they’ve made the tomato halves look like little footballs with the laces.
As you’re planning your gameday grub or your fall festivities (see what I did there?), give the RITZ Antipasto Football Stackers a try!
Head to Giant Eagle between 10/18 – 11/1/18 and save $5 when you buy any 10 participating items, which include RITZ Crackers (8-14 oz), TRISCUIT Crackers, WHEAT THINS Snacks, GOOD THINS Snacks (3.5-9.5 oz), and RITZ Toasted Chips (7-9 oz). UPDATE: the sale is closed.