Good morning, Dr. Breakfast!
Hi, I'm Nick Dekker, but you can call me Dr. Breakfast. Why? Because I love breakfast and I have a Ph.D. (I really do.)
I'm a food and travel writer based in central Ohio. I've been writing Breakfast With Nick since 2007, beginning first as a lowly breakfast blog and now expanding to explore food, drink, travel, family fun, the arts, and much more.
You'll also find me writing for Columbus Monthly, Ohio Magazine, The Kitchn, TourismOhio, Cubby at Home, Experience Worthington, Experience Columbus, Worthington Spotlight and Great Lakes Publishing. My work has also appeared in the Columbus Dispatch, Columbus Alive (RIP), Columbus Parent, Gastro Obscura, PC World Magazine, and several more sites and publications.
Breakfast With Nick has been featured locally and nationally:
- Breakfast Special on PBS (2010)
- "City guide digs into morning meal," Columbus Dispatch (2011)
- "Ready, Set, Blog," Ascent Magazine (2012)
- "Columbus, Ohio is a breakfast mecca," New York Post (2014)
- "Columbus, Ohio: Breakfast with Nick in Columbus is a moveable feast," Toronto Star (2014)
- Briefly saying "These are the best dumplings in town" in an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives (2017)
- "Brunch Insider: Breakfast With Nick," Taste of Home (2018)
- Kate's Quick Bites: Dutch Baby, WOSU (2022)
Are you still reading?
Okay, here's some more things about me!
- For my day job, I work on the marketing team for the Greater Columbus Arts Council
- I lead occasional breakfast- and brunch-themed culinary tours for Columbus Food Adventures
- I sit on the board of directors of the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center and Service! Relief Kitchen
- My wife Beth is the Tourism Director for the city of Worthington and runs her own small business consultancy, The Right Hands
- We're also original founders of the arts non-profit Wild Goose Creative. (It literally started in our living room.)
- I really do have a Ph.D. It's in Theatre History, Literature, & Criticism from THE Ohio State University. I lectured there from 2007-2014.
I've also made numerous video appearances, some locally and some nationally. Get a look at some highlights!