There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Los Guachos announced they’ll be opening a brick and mortar location at 7370 Sawmill Rd. in Dublin, former site of Hass Tacos. This is their fourth location overall, joining spots on Bethel Road, in Gahanna, and their original truck on the west side.
- Eugene’s Canteen, the new concept opening in the former Da Levee space, is set to open in the coming weeks. Owner Justin Boehme closed Da Levee on Apr. 1 and is renovating the restaurant into a space that features cocktails, local beers, a market, bar games, and pop-up kitchens.
- Johnson’s Real Ice Cream announced the opening of their third store at 160 W. Main St. in New Albany. They’ll open the doors on May 1, with full grand opening celebrations kicking off May 4.
- This Sunday, Apr. 22 is Earth Day. Many restaurants feature different specials or events. Northstar Cafe gives away their veggie burgers that day.
- Barley’s Brewing Co. celebrates their 23rd annual Afternoon with the Brewers and homebrew competition this Sunday. The event is free: you can meet local brewers, taste last year’s winning brew, and learn about the 2018 winner. Read my interview with Angelo Signorino from Barley’s in this week’s Columbus Alive here.
- Northeast Ohio-based Ohio Brewing Co. announced they’ll be opening a huge taproom and production space at 421 E. Second Ave., which will allow them to distribute their beers around the state.
- Land-Grant’s Brewing Sun-Grant Sustainability Fair is this Saturday, Apr. 21 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The event features food, drink, and all sorts of activities.
- Lucky’s Market in Clintonville introduced sip and stroll shopping. They’re now serving beer and wine in their cafe, with beers priced at $2 and wine at $3.
- The inaugural Summer Wine Festival was announced for Aug. 25 at the Columbus Commons this summer.