There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- The Angry Baker closed their University District location at 247 King Ave. this week. That location had been open for two years; their vegan retail bakery in Short North and their original cafe in Olde Towne East remain open.
- Condado Tacos held the grand opening of their Polaris store yesterday. The new restaurant – Condado’s fifth for central Ohio – is located at 8959 Lyra Dr.
- The Columbus Food Truck Festival is this Friday and Saturday along the downtown riverfront.
- Harvest Pizzeria’s newest location, called Harvest Tavern & Pizzeria, opened at 1099 W. First Ave. in Grandview this week.
- Barbacoa Mexican Fusion & Bar will be opening soon at 2035 N. High St. across from campus, in old the Ripper’s Roadstand space.
- Ill Mannered Brewing celebrates their third anniversary with a party from noon to 10 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 18. Read more about their new space and the party in my Columbus Alive column!
- The World of Beer at the Gateway completed its transformation into a gaming bar called District PourHouse and re-opened this week.
- A new German-style brewery called The Gemüt Biergarten was announced for the old firehouse at 734 Oak St. in Olde Towne East, most recently site of the Columbus Music Hall.
Mikey’s Late Night Slice offers a special collaboration pizza with Ray Ray’s starting this Sunday, Aug. 19 called the Ray Ray’s Hawg Life, featuring pork shoulder, pork belly burnt ends, hot links, roasted red pepper, Carolina-style BBQ sauce, and a special fire salt crust topped with crushed pork rinds.EDIT: this dinner was postponed until October.