There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Three Tigers Brewing holds the official grand opening of their new brewery in Granville today. Open since 2016, the combined brewery and its restaurant, Mai Chau Kitchen, moved across Prospect Street in downtown Granville to the old fire station. This has allowed for a substantial expansion in restaurant, bar, and brewing space.
- Likewise, Boston Stoker celebrates the official grand opening of its new store (in the old Luck Bros) at 1101 W. Fifth Ave. in Grandview today. They’ve been soft opened since last week Friday.
- Speaking of grand openings, Kyushu Ramen Bar celebrates its official opening today, April 1, at 1280 W. Fifth Ave. in Grandview.
- One more! Understory, the Old North venture from Wolf’s Ridge Brewing, officially opened the main restaurant area, Commons, yesterday. The restaurant connects with a large patio; upstairs is the Lounge, which features cocktails, beer, and snacks.
- Multiple sources have reported that Pub Mahone downtown has officially closed. The Irish pub had reported that they would not renew their lease on Gay Street, and would stay open at least through St. Patrick’s Day.
- The plant-based burger shop Eden Burger announced they would be closing temporarily to rebrand because of a trademark-related lawsuit. (I wrote about Eden Burger’s founders Chad Goodwin and Sebastian Kovach for Columbus Monthly‘s 2021 Tastemakers issue.)
- Last week North Olmsted’s Cocky’s Bagels announced on social media that they plan to open a location near Ohio State’s campus in early 2023. They also have a store coming to The Flats in Cleveland.
- The owners of Japanese Oriental Restaurant, a campus institution for 40 years that closed late last year, announced that they’ve taken over operating the Han Ma Oom Korean market located at 764 Bethel Rd. on the northwest side.
- Emmett’s Cafe‘s South High Street location reopens today after being briefly closed for a revamp of the space and menu.
- The build-your-own ice cream sandwich shop, S’wich Social, opens today for the season!
This week I’m also writing:
- Our new obsession: Korean fried chicken at CM Chicken
- Another Broken Egg opens at Easton
- Visit These Farm Breweries in Ohio (Ohio.org)
- Picture Worthington: History Walk launches (Experience Worthington)