There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- This week Lineage Brewing announced that, after seven years of slinging beers and hand pies in Clintonville, they would be closing their doors after Sunday, April 24. The owners cited the desire to spend more time with their families and focus on other projects. But Clintonville won’t go without a neighborhood brewery for long! Pickerington’s Combustion Brewing announced that it would be taking over the space to open a second taproom.
- Ginger Rabbit Jazz Lounge, an underground cocktail bar and jazz lounge from the owners of Chapman’s Eat Market, is set to open at 17 Buttles Ave. in the Short North on Tuesday, April 19.
- A new venture from Service! Relief Kitchen, Cafe Overlook, is celebrates its grand opening on Thursday, April 21 on the 16th floor of the Franklin County Courthouse. The public cafe offers workforce training, mentorship, benefits, and other programs to its employees.
- CJ’s Soulfood opens Saturday, April 16 at 1262 E. Powell Rd. in Lewis Center, just west of Polaris. CJ’s is a full-service restaurant and bar that features live music.
- 614’s Pizza & Beer Week returns next week, April 18-23, with specials on – you guessed it – pizza and brews from local pizzerias.
- Today Seventh Son Brewing kicks off nine days of celebrations for its ninth anniversary that include food trucks, special beer tappings, film screenings, dance parties, and – wait for it – Assistant Manager Old Horatio plushies.
- A new book by local food writer Renee Casteel Cook, Ohio Ice Cream: A Scoop of History, is set to be released on May 16 of this year!
This week I’m also writing:
- 5 of My Favorite Ways to Cook with Aldi’s Popular Red Bag Chicken (Cubby at Home)
- Explore an Ohio science museum! (Ohio.org)
- Food News: Mikey’s joins Olde Towne East; Destination Donuts opens Clintonville storefront (Columbus Alive)