There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Rockmill Brewery announced that its Brewery District concept, Bandit Pizza & Pairings by Rockmill, will close after service this Saturday, April 23. This location at 503 S. Front St. was previously Rockmill Tavern before the brewery pivoted to a pizza place and reopened last fall.
- The Yard Milkshake Bar soft opens its first Columbus location this weekend, April 22-24, at 1055 N. High St. The Yard features over-the-top milkshakes, sundaes, and bowls of ice cream. Based in Gulf Shores, Alabama, the shop came to prominence with an appearance on Shark Tank in 2019.
- Dos Hermanos tacos announced this week that it will open a stand-alone location at 3946 Morse Crossing at Easton. This joins Dos Hermanos’ taco truck and stalls in both North Markets.
- Los Guachos moved a couple doors down to a new location at 1344 Cherry Bottom Rd. in Gahanna. The new storefront reopened this week. The taqueria is exchanging locations with its neighbor, SuperChef’s.
- While we’re on the subject of tacos, 614Now shared this week that the former Momo Ghar spot in Dublin has already reopened as a new venture, Peru Taco Bar.
- The South End Cafe announced this week that it had secured $250,000 in funding to officially open at 1951 Parsons Ave. The coffee shop and cafe is a non-profit social enterprise created by Community Development for All People. The owners said they’re aiming to open in June.
- White Castle added a new special slider to its menu, the 1921 Slider, inspired by the very first hamburger White Castle sold in 1921. The burger combines a beef patty, cheddar, grilled caramelized onions, a slice of Roma tomato, lettuce, and pickles.
- Understory hosts a spring Open Air Market this Saturday, April 23 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. in its event space, with more than 20 vendors, drinks, even an open mic.
This week I’m also writing:
- Columbus-Style Pizza at Terita’s
- A Girls’ Weekend at Easton Town Center
- Birria Tacos at Los Agavez Taqueria