There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- North Market announced this week that Saddleberk would be replacing Penny’s Meats at the downtown location. Saddleberk already has a butcher shop, restaurant, and stall at North Market Bridge Park.
- Business First reported that the folks behind Meatball Mafia, which has a stall in Hilliard’s Center Street Market, are planning to open a restaurant and bar in the old Vine & Tap space at 55 S. High St. in Historic Dublin.
- Multiple sources have reported that a taste of Philly has arrived in Gahanna. Marlow’s Cheesesteaks opened at 93 N. High St., while The Water Ice Shoppe opened next door.
- New York-based Hummus & Pita Co. opens a new flagship location tomorrow, Saturday, May 7, at 1777 Hilliard Rome Rd. The Mediterranean chain is known for their stuffed and rolled pita sandwiches.
- Indochine Cafe in Whitehall soft opened this week as its new concept, Racha Tea Boba & Desserts, a carryout focused on bubble tea and desserts.
- 614 Now reported that the beloved Joey Chang’s Chinese and Thai restaurant in Hilliard will be closing this July.
- The Hey Hey Bar & Grill in German Village announced that the Two Fatt Indians food truck would begin operating out of its kitchen starting on May 16.
- Philadelphia’s Evil Genius Brewing will begin distributing in Ohio this month thanks to a deal with Superior Beverage Group.
This week I’m also writing:
- 5 Restaurants to Try This Month (May 2022)
- Columbus Tea Spots to Try on Mother’s Day (Columbus Monthly)
- Our go-to Indian spot is Everest Cuisine
- Where to Celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Worthington (Experience Worthington)
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, search for travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map, or…
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.