There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- North Market announced this week that Saddleberk would be replacing Penny’s Meats at the downtown location. Saddleberk already has a butcher shop, restaurant, and stall at North Market Bridge Park.
- Business First reported that the folks behind Meatball Mafia, which has a stall in Hilliard’s Center Street Market, are planning to open a restaurant and bar in the old Vine & Tap space at 55 S. High St. in Historic Dublin.
- Multiple sources have reported that a taste of Philly has arrived in Gahanna. Marlow’s Cheesesteaks opened at 93 N. High St., while The Water Ice Shoppe opened next door.
- New York-based Hummus & Pita Co. opens a new flagship location tomorrow, Saturday, May 7, at 1777 Hilliard Rome Rd. The Mediterranean chain is known for their stuffed and rolled pita sandwiches.
- Indochine Cafe in Whitehall soft opened this week as its new concept, Racha Tea Boba & Desserts, a carryout focused on bubble tea and desserts.
- 614 Now reported that the beloved Joey Chang’s Chinese and Thai restaurant in Hilliard will be closing this July.
- The Hey Hey Bar & Grill in German Village announced that the Two Fatt Indians food truck would begin operating out of its kitchen starting on May 16.
- Philadelphia’s Evil Genius Brewing will begin distributing in Ohio this month thanks to a deal with Superior Beverage Group.
This week I’m also writing:
- 5 Restaurants to Try This Month (May 2022)
- Columbus Tea Spots to Try on Mother’s Day (Columbus Monthly)
- Our go-to Indian spot is Everest Cuisine
- Where to Celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Worthington (Experience Worthington)