There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Natalie’s Coal Fired Pizza & Live Music announced it would be closing its original Worthington location. This followed on the announcement a couple weeks ago that the basement cocktail bar, Light of Seven Matchsticks, would be moving to Natalie’s Grandview location.
- Yesterday The Market Italian Village announced on social media that it would be closing after service on Saturday, Sept. 17.
- This week, build-your-own taco joint Barrio opened its new location across from Ohio State’s campus, at 10 E. 15th.
- Plant-based eatery The Little Kitchen announced they’re closing their stall inside North Market Bridge Park by the end of September.
- Stadium at 101 Mill St. in Gahanna has closed, as confirmed through a message to their Facebook page.
- In case you missed it, Saddleberk has replaced Penny’s as one of the meat vendors at North Market Downtown. Saddleberk also operates a retail shop and restaurant in the Bridge Park North Market.
- NOLA Daq Shack, a daiquiri and milkshake bar, opens this Saturday, Sept. 17 at East Market. It’s run by the owners of Creole2Geaux next door.
- Hoof Hearted Brewing hosts its annual Dragonsaddle Day at its Marengo brewery and taproom on Saturday, Sept. 17. The event includes beer releases, special tastings, live music, and more.
- BrewDog’s Annual General Mayhem festival is that same day, with loads of beer, music, food, a craft market.
This week I’m also writing:
- How To Do a Day in Miami County, Ohio
- Craving a Chicago Italian Beef Sandwich after watching The Bear? Visit Loops!
- 1487 Brewery, Plain City (Ohio Magazine)
- 5 Columbus Restaurants to Visit This Fall (Ohio Magazine)