Image courtesy facebook.com/badabeanbadabooze
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- This week I released my 2022 Holiday Gift Guide! It’s loaded with ideas for coffee and spirits, books and local art, getaways and restaurants. Use it to shop local this season!
- Thrive Companies is set to open a combined coffee shop and cocktail bar called – wait for it – Bada Bean Bada Booze. Situated at 231 E. First Ave. in Italian Village (next to Hoof Hearted’s brewpub), Bada Bean is set to open on Friday, Dec. 2 at 6 p.m.
- A new NYC-style bodega breakfast carryout called Big Apple Breakfast Co. is set to open on Monday, Nov. 28. It’s operated out of the Worthington Pizza Primo location at 895 High St.
- Homestead Beer Co. continues its steady growth with the opening of a Marysville location, the Homestead Taproom & Kitchen. This joins their original Heath taproom, the Cherry Valley Public House (inside Cherry Valley Hotel), and the Delaware Public House.
- Zen Bee Meadery celebrates a grand opening of their new taproom and production facility this Friday and Saturday, Nov. 18-19, from 4-8 p.m. each night. They’ll have about a dozen meads on tap. Following the full opening they’ll expand their hours to Wednesday-Saturday evenings. Zen Bee is located at 480 E. Wilson Bridge Rd. in Worthington.
- The Florida-based chain Paris Banh Mi opened at 6195 Sawmill Rd. in Dublin. (Thanks to @cbusadventures for the tip!)
- Last week the forthcoming The Junto Hotel, located at 77 Belle St. in the Scioto Peninsula development just west of COSI, announced its lineup of in-house eateries. It will include the Little West Tavern, a coffee shop called Maudine’s, a rooftop patio called Brass Eye, the Social Lobby & Bar that serves as check-in counter and cocktail bar. According to their website, The Junto is slated to open in April 2023.
- A new location of Shake Shack celebrated its ribbon cutting at 1370 Polaris Pkwy. last week.
- The Dispatch reported that a new eatery called The O on Lane will open at 352 W. Lane Ave. in the former 7-11 .
This week I’m also writing:
- My 2022 Holiday Gift Guide
- The Mercury Diner Lands in the Former Crest Parsons
- The Lot Beer Co. Brings Hot Dogs, Beer, & Arcade Games to Granville