There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- 614 broke the news this week that Katalina’s will be opening a third location next summer. It’s set for 480 W. Town St. in Franklinton, formerly the Close Quarters gaming parlor. I chatted with owner Kathleen Day, who confirmed the news this week.
- The Phillip’s on Wheels food truck announced last week that it had closed. The hot dog and slider truck was an extension of Phillip’s Coney Island, which had opened in 1912 in Franklinton before closing in 2016 when its building was demolished.
- A new breakfast spot called Big Apple Breakfast Co. holds its grand opening on Monday, Dec. 5. It operates out of the Worthington Pizza Primo at 895 High St. and serves breakfast sandwiches, French toast sticks, chicken and waffles, coffee, and more.
- Multiple sources reported this week that Gregory Stokes, co-owner of Accent Wine downtown, has purchased The Bottle Shop in Victorian Village from its original owners.
- Bubbly Hall, a new food hall coming to New Albany, is set to soft open on Thursday, Dec. 8, with a full grand opening coming the following week.
- A new vendor called Masa Mexican Grill is coming soon to the East Market.
- As reported last week, a new coffee shop and cocktail bar called Bada Bean Bada Booze holds its grand opening today at 231 E. First Ave. in Italian Village.
- Watershed Distillery’s Nocinofest returns from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Saturday, Dec. 3. The festival includes product samples, local vendors, complimentary bites from Watershed Kitchen & Bar, and the debut of their new Black Walnut Old Fashioned.
- Zen Bee Meadery has more or less officially opened in its new location at 480 E. Wilson Bridge Rd. in Worthington. The taproom and facility are open for tastings and bottle purchases 4-8 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday.
- A new nightclub, bar, and karaoke lounge called FOMO celebrates its grand opening this weekend, Dec. 2-3. It’s located at 165 N. Fifth St. downtown, next to Holy Trinity Brewing Company and District West.
- 614 also reported this week that fried chicken spot OX-B’s, which just opened a location inside the Short North BrewDog, is also adding a Westerville location at 2521 W. Schrock Rd.
- The Columbus Coffee Festival, Columbus Underground, and Seventh Son Brewing will host Brewed!, a festival featuring coffee beers at Seventh Son this Sunday, Dec. 4.
This week I’m also writing:
- Have Breakfast in an Old Train Station in Granville
- Celebrate the Holidays at Hartville (Ohio.org)
- The Best Coffee Shops in Downtown Columbus
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, search for travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map, or…
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.