There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Owner Geno Garcia shared last week that Jack & Benny’s Barnstormer location inside the OSU Airport has closed. He stated on social media that the airport terminated their lease. The Barnstormer location had opened in November of 2013; Jack & Benny’s original location at Hudson and High remains open (thankfully!).
- The owners of Kittie’s Cakes and Highline Coffee Co. announced that Kittie’s owners Steve and Diane Herman had purchased the Old Worthington coffee shop and would take it over starting Jan. 8. The shop will start carrying Kittie’s pastries; the owners indicated the name may eventually change as well.
- Columbus Monthly broke the news this week that Preston’s Burgers will be leaving the North Market Downtown after Dec. 30 and moving to Clintonville, to the former Buddha Bowl space at 2973 N. High St. The planned expansion of Preston’s to a new development in Groveport has also been called off.
- Hai Poke announced this week that it has opened its stall at North Market Bridge Park.
- After a fire broke out in its basement this week, The Rossi in Short North is temporarily closed.
- Schmidt’s Sausage Haus announced this week that it will start setting up outside section 116 at Nationwide Arena during Columbus Blue Jackets games. The stand will serve Schmidt’s signature sausages and cream puffs.
- White Castle announced that it would be closing its Short North location at 965 N. High St., after service on Saturday, Dec. 24. The slider chain has had a shop in the neighborhood since 1968.
- The last day to enjoy beers at North High Brewing’s original location, 1288 N. High St. in the Short North, is Wednesday, Dec. 28.
- After two years, New India Restaurant at 5226 Bethel Rd. is bringing back its buffet on Christmas Eve from noon to 9 p.m.
- Columbus Underground’s Sweet Treats Dessert Festival is returning Jan. 28, 2023 at the Municipal Light Plant.
This week I’m also writing: