There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- The first Ohio location of Maple Street Biscuit Company, a chain that originated in Jacksonville, Florida, opened yesterday at 1310 Polaris Pkwy. Maple Street serves up a menu of biscuits, sandwiches, chicken tenders, waffles, coffee, and more. Get a look inside!
- The Roosevelt Room, a new bar from the owners of Beeline at Easton, opened at the very end of December at 6544 Longshore Loop in Dublin. The bar features a menu of cocktails, wines, draft and bottled beers.
- Ill Mannered Brewing in Powell announced that it will be adding a second taproom at 117 S. Main St. in Uptown Marysville later this year. The taproom will feature 20 taps of Ill Mannered beer, cover 2000 square feet, and include an outdoor courtyard with firepits.
- The breakfast-centric trailer Clutch Handheld Breakfasts soft opened this week at a new spot, at 2519 Summit St., on the corner of Hudson and Summit in SoHud. They serve a small but creative menu of breakfast sandwiches, juice, and coffee.
- Harvest Pizzeria’s Clintonville location reopened yesterday. It had been closed since a fire back in July.
- A location of the Korean-based bakery chain Tous les Jours has opened at 2851 Olentangy River Rd. The store features a variety of French- and Asian-inspired baked goods.
- Cielo Café, a coffee shop and cafe at 1762 N. High St. near campus, announced that it had closed after Dec. 30.
- A new location of Savvy Sliders, the second in Columbus, has opened at 2106 N. High St. across from Ohio State’s campus.
- Reports online say that Yanni’s Greek Grill at 6196 Cleveland Ave. finally reopened after being closed since the start of the pandemic.
- For those who missed it, the Tim Horton’s at the northeast corner of Broad and High streets downtown has closed.
This week I’m also writing:
- Maple Street Biscuit Company Opens at Polaris
- Jumpin’ for Joya’s (Ohio.org)
- Five Top Restaurants for Breakfast (Columbus Monthly)
- Wario’s Beef & Pork (Ohio Magazine)
- Lantern Coffee Bar & Lounge in Grand Rapids