There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Preston’s Burgers has officially opened in its new location at 2973 N. High St. in Clintonville (the former Buddha Bowl, Blunch space). Hours are currently Tuesday-Sunday, 4-8 p.m.
- The highly anticipated Columbus Brewing Company Beer Hall holds a series of ticketed soft opening events this weekend. Located next to the East Market in the Historic Trolley District, the 13,000 square foot space will feature 24 taps of beer and a food menu. It officially opens to the public on Monday, Feb. 20.
- The new South End Cafe is also set to open on Monday, Feb. 20. Located at 1951 Parsons Ave., the cafe is a social enterprise from the Community Development for All People, offering jobs to those who are facing barriers to employment.
- The North Market Bridge Park announced the Market Bar Vinoteca, a wine bar and retail shop coming sometime this spring. Owned by the same team behind Market Bar, the wine bar will make its home on the opposite end of the market hall from the existing bar.
- Burger shop BurgerIM at 121 S. High St. quietly closed within the past couple weeks.
- A new vegan-focused cooking show recently filmed in Columbus and will premiere Apr. 20! Hosted by Chad Goodwin, owner of 4th & State and Eden Burger (read my 2021 Columbus Monthly profile of him), the series is called Top Vegan and filmed at Columbus State’s Mitchell Hall. It will feature eight contestants and will premiere on YouTube. Read more at topvegantv.com!
- Multiple sources shared this week that the owner of Mr. Hummus Grill has sold his two locations to the owner of Kebab Hummus Grill, and the stores will reopen under that name. Mr. Hummus Grill owner Terek Albast shared that he will still open a location in New Albany’s forthcoming Bubbly Hall and one on North Fourth Street in Italian Village.
- Victor’s Taco Shop, which has a half dozen locations spread around Ohio, will open a new store at 3450 O’Connell St. in Powell today, Feb. 17.
- We have a new coffee shop in town! Michigan-based Qamaria Yemeni Coffee Co. opened its first Ohio location at 3221 Hilliard Rome Rd. in Hilliard. The shop specializes in coffees and beverages from Yemen, and has locations in Michigan and Texas.
- Kyushu Ramen Bar announced it will be adding a second location at 6418 Pullman Dr. in Lewis Center.
- Katzinger’s Deli in German Village reopens next Tuesday, Feb. 21 after a refresh. The updates will include the reopening of their dining room, which has been closed since the start of the pandemic.
- Next week Tuesday, Feb. 21 is Mardi Gras! Celebrate by visiting a local restaurant like Way Down Yonder, Creole Kitchen, Way Down Yonder Beignets & Coffee. Or find a local bakery that’s making paczki!
This week I’m also writing:
- Discover the Modern Flavors of Italy at the New Speck Italian Eatery Downtown
- The Best Diner in Delaware: The Hamburger Inn & Its Famous Cinnamon Rolls