There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- The owners of El Camino Inn on North Fourth Street teased on social media that the restaurant, which has been shuttered since March of 2020, would reopen in time for Cinco de Mayo this year.
- The ice cream sandwich shop S’wich Social in Italian Village reopened for the season. Located at 869 N. Fourth St., S’wich lets customers build their own sandwiches from a variety of cookies and ice creams. S’wich sustained damage when a car crashed into it last November.
- YF Chinese Cuisine has opened at 5225 Godown Rd., next to Los Guachos, in the former Ichi space. (Thanks to Columbus Food Adventures for the highlight!)
- Hot Chicken Takeover announced that its newest store, this one at 109 N. Hamilton Rd. in Gahanna, will hold its grand opening next week Thursday, April 6.
- This week Middle West Spirits announced a massive, multi-year expansion of its distillery, operational facilities, and a 14-acre campus at 1165 Alum Creek Dr. The expansion will create about 80 jobs and make Middle West Spirits the largest distillery in the state and a top 10 “grain-to-glass” whiskey and spirits producer in the U.S.
- Lola and Guiseppe’s Trattoria in Gahanna announced last week that they’ve opened their own companion bakery next door. It’s located at 104 Granville St.
- This week the Franklinton Market started offering to-go meals. The market is located at 439 W. Rich St.
- Mission Coffee Co., which merged with Blank Slate Coffee, will hold the grand opening of their new shop on Saturday, April 1. The combined roastery and coffee shop is located at 2060 S. High St. Get a preview of the space here!
- Martiny’s BBQ has opened in its new space at 5808 Columbus Pike in Lewis Center, in the former location of The Porch Venezuelan restaurant.
- Mardi Gras Homemade Ice Cream at 1947 Hard Rd. has re-opened for the season.
- And La Poblanita taco truck on Indianola Avenue in Clintonville has reopened for the season.
- Tickets went on sale for Watershed Distillery’s first ever BourbonFest, happening April 22 from 6-10 p.m.
This week I’m also writing:
- 5 Restaurants to Try This Month: April 2023
- Mission Coffee Opens New Shop on the South Side
- Coffee, Pastries, and Brunch at Kona Craft Kitchen in Bridge Park
- The Peanut Shoppe in Columbus (Ohio.org)
P.S. The weekly restaurant news post will be taking a break off next week!
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, search for travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map, or…
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.