There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- After being closed since late 2021 because of a building fire, Legacy Smokehouse in Hilliard reopens this Saturday, May 26. Located at 3987 Main St., Legacy’s building now includes a second-floor bourbon bar called Rickhouse 41.
- The Jeni’s Strawberry Jam returns this weekend, May 27-28, to Land-Grant Brewing, with Jeni’s ice cream, loads of strawberries from local farms, Fox in the Snow, food trucks, beer, live music, and more.
- Business First broke the news this week that Toledo’s Maumee Bay Brewing will be opening a location in Shawnee Hills in the same plaza as Boston Stoker’s new coffee shop. (Get a look at Maumee Bay’s original brewpub in our trip Two Days in Toledo.)
- Echo Spirits releases its first bourbon this Saturday, May 27 at 10 a.m. at its bottle shop and cocktail bar. They’re offering a 95 proof bourbon and a barrel proof version.
- Rose Dough Donuts is teaming up with Little Ladies Soft Serve this Sunday, May 28 to create donut ice cream sandwiches. You can order them at Little Ladies’ shop starting at 1 p.m. that day.
- Business First also broke the news that Creole Kitchen will be moving from its long-time home on Mt. Vernon Ave. to 795 E. Long St. in the coming year.
- The owners of Great Harvest Bread in Hilliard announced that the store will be closing May 31.
- Middle West Spirits took home eight ASCOT Awards this week for its spirits, including all three in its Double Cask Collection, which are now being sold as a set.
This week I’m also writing:
- Afternoon Tea and Breakfast at Cambridge Tea House
- We’re Crazy for The Crazy Cucumber, the Best Pickles in Columbus
- Delight in the Taste of Summer with Bob Evans’ Seasonal Fresh Berry Dishes
- Ride a Canal Boat at the Johnston Farm in Piqua (Ohio.org)
- The Kee Downtown is an All-in-One Stop for Food, Drinks, Coffee, Art, Games, and Events