There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- The big news this week, reported by multiple outlets, is that Yellow Springs Brewery announced it will replace The Crest in Clintonville. Yellow Springs’ primary taproom and production brewery sits in downtown Yellow Springs. (Get a look at their taproom in A Trek Out to Yellow Springs.) They’ll transition the space sometime in October, according to reports, as The Crest winds down its decade-long run.
- Delaney’s Diner is set to open its third location in the former Marshall’s Restaurant space in Grandview on Tuesday, Aug. 15 (1105 W. First Ave.). Marshall’s closed in July 2022. Delaney’s has three locations already, in Westerville, Reynoldsburg, and Groveport.
- The new Market Bar Vinoteca has opened at North Market Bridge Park, occupying the south end of the market, with both a wine bar and retail shop.
- Crème de la Crème Bakery and Café opened recently 5311 Westpointe Plaza Dr., in the Westpointe Plaza, south of Hilliard, offering pastries and coffee.
- Cameron Mitchell Restaurants announced that it will open a location of Cap City Fine Diner & Bar in Cincinnati in 2024.
- Little West Tavern, in the Junto hotel downtown, opens its poutine window today.
- The Columbus Dispatch reported that big renovations were announced for the former Galleria building on South Third Street downtown, across from the Ohio Statehouse. Plans for space include a beer garden, tapas restaurant, and speakeasy.
- The latest Sunday Funday in Old Worthington is this Sunday, Aug. 13 from 12-5 p.m. This month’s theme is A Tribute to Fair Food, so it features corn dogs, funnel cake, kettle corn, and other fried goodies, alongside family activities, entertainment, specials from neighborhood restaurants.
- Little Cat Boba in the East Market teased Little Cat AM, an offering of coffee and pastries.
- Krema Nut Company has fully reopened its Grandview cafe, so it’s back to serving milkshakes and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches along with its retail shop.
- Business First reported that the Zoup! Eatery location in the Arena District has closed.
- Columbus State’s annual culinary fundraiser Taste the Future is next week Tuesday, Aug. 15!
ALSO: join me for a virtual presentation, A Foodie’s Guide to Columbus, through the Columbus Metropolitan Library on Wednesday, Aug. 23. Register for the free event here!
This week I’m also writing:
- Patty’s Kitchen Makes the Best Tamales in Columbus
- Go On a Zip Line Tour with ZipZone Outdoor Adventures (Experience Worthington)