Image courtesy Monster Baby Donuts on Facebook
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- East Market‘s newest vendor, Monster Baby Donuts, opens today – Friday, Oct. 27. Monster Baby Donuts is based originally in Dayton, and specializes in mini vegan and gluten free donuts. This joins forthcoming stalls from Buck City Sammies, Urban Gourmet Burgers & Wings, Homestead Beer, and Barrel & Boar.
- Next week Thursday, Nov. 2, a new speakeasy called Apt. B opens behind Bodega in the Short North. The bar gets its name from its space, which was previously an apartment.
- The new eatery from chef and restaurateur Josh Dalton, Rosebud’s, has opened at 15 E. Winter St. in Delaware. The concept replaces Cove, A Seafood Joint, and is described as “a dive bar, but make it bougie.”
- A new spot for sushi, hibachi, and pho called Yoshi opened this week at 41 S. High St. in the Huntington Center downtown.
- Now when you grab beers at Seventh Son Brewing, you can get cake as well. A new project from Kate Djupe called Heyacake offers slices of cake – in a vending machine!
- Nostalgia Brewing announced on social media that it is under new ownership, and to expect new beers, a new menu, and more.
- Earlier this week the owners of Black Box Fix at Easton announced on Facebook that their store is permanently closed, citing long-term effects of the pandemic. Black Box Fix started in Lyndhurst, Ohio, where the original store remains open.
- Late last month, Agape, the fast casual Mediterranean spot, opened its fourth location at 7340 Route 161 in Plain City.
- Earlier this week Mikey’s Late Night Slice brought back their Fiery Death pizza, dubbed the “World’s Hottest Pizza,” now through Oct. 31 while supplies last. The pizza features a trio of some of the world’s hottest peppers.
- This week 614 Now confirmed that Nativo in Gahanna closed last month, after less than a year in business.
- Next week Wednesday, Nov. 1, Blackbird Kitchen launches its new concept Blackbird Burrito Co. inside Woodland’s Backyard.
- Also next Wednesday, Nov. 1, you can stop by any Hot Chicken Takeover location starting at 5 p.m. and get an order of their new nuggets for five cents when you order any side (while supplies last).
- The Donut & Beer Festival is tomorrow – Saturday, Oct. 28 – from 2-6 p.m. at Huntington Park, featuring a pairing of yes, beer and donuts!
This week I’m also writing: