Image courtesy of Littleton’s Market
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Littleton’s Market is set to make its debut on Saturday, Dec. 9. The specialty market and restaurant/bar arrives after a massive re-build of the former Huffman’s Market space in Upper Arlington’s Tremont Center (2140 Tremont Center). Get a full tour here!
- JT’s Pizza & Pub announced this week that it will open a second location in 2024 in the upcoming Southern Station development in Grandview.
- Last week Winking Lizard announced on its Facebook page that its Westerville location at 496 Polaris Pkwy. will close after business on Dec. 22.
- A location of Sweetgreen, the LA-based, salad-focused chain, is coming to 700 N. High St. in the Short North. The restaurant space, which was last Monarch cocktail lounge, is getting a complete facelift by Wood Companies.
- Columbus Brewing Company announced that it has temporarily closed the taproom attached to its production facility on the west side, to revamp the menu and space before a potential reopening after the winter. CBC’s Beer Hall near the East Market remains open.
- A new Syrian restaurant called Halab Cafe celebrates its grand opening today (Dec. 8) at 2550 Bethel Rd. on the northwest side.
- A new restaurant from the owners of bygone Fortune Chinese Restaurant has opened at 496 Ackerman Rd. Named Chuan Jiang Hao Zi (Thanks to Bethia from Columbus Food Adventures for the tip!)
- Torchy’s Tacos opens its third central Ohio location at 6042 N. Hamilton Rd. in Gahanna’s Hamilton Quarter development on Wednesday, Dec. 13. This joins locations at Polaris and a recently opened one near Sawmill and Dublin Granville roads.
- Manira Camara, owner Le Vieux Lyon French Bakery in Reynoldsburg, announced this week that the bakery and cafe space are for sale. This follows after a temporary closure last month after her father passed away back home in France.
- In case you missed it, Buzzsaw Brewing held its last call this past weekend.
- Tickets are still available for the Brewed! coffee beer festival this Sunday, Dec. 10 at Seventh Son Brewing.
This week I’m also writing:
- 5 Restaurants To Try This Month: December 2023
- See Inside the Spaghetti Warehouse’s New Downtown Location
- Piazza Pelino Brings Fresh Focaccia and Gelato to Short North
- Bada Bean Bada Booze Opens Second Location in Harrison West