There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- The team at Wario’s Beef & Pork announced this week that they’re opening a second location on North High Street in Clintonville. It’s in the same busy stretch as Northstar Cafe, Jeni’s, Hot Chicken Takeover, Kirin Noodle Bar, and other spots. While an exact location hasn’t been confirmed, they said they’re aiming for a January opening.
- The owner of Pablo’s Havana Cafe announced this week that his original Powell cafe at 9586 Sawmill Rd. has closed. Their stall at North Market Bridge Park remains open.
- This week Ash & Em Eatery, a pop-up operating out of Victory’s in the Brewery District, completed its move across the street inside Columbus Axe Throwing (560 S. High St.). Ash & Em features burgers, wings, hot dogs, and other bar foods.
- Ill Mannered Brewing opens its new Uptown Marysville location today, Dec. 15. The new Taproom & Barrel House is located at 117 S. Main St. in Marysville in an historic building. It’ll feature 18-20 house beers and seltzers.
- Dave’s Hot Chicken opens its second central Ohio location at 1828 N. High St. campus today. This joins the first local store for the national chain at 3590 W. Dublin Granville Rd.
- Meshikou Ramen announced that its partner restaurant next door, Meshikou Chikin, would close its doors at the end of the year. They teased that they’ll open something new in the space, although no details have been released yet.
- The vegan burger and fry shop E Burger, which was formerly named Eden Burger, announced that it’s closing up after service this Sunday, Dec. 17. The shop was on hiatus until late this past fall, due to a variety of legal troubles.
- Norwich Grocery has opened inside Center Street Market in Hilliard. In addition to featuring local products and snacks, the stall serves up sandwiches and salads.
- Saturn’s Sports Bar has opened in the original North High Brewing location at 1288 N. High St. in the Short North.
- Dadu’s Bakery & Sweets celebrates a grand re-opening next week Thursday, Dec. 21.
- Columbus got a little more national press recently! Essence magazine featured the city in a piece about The Best Destinations for Culinary Travel in 2024, with specific shoutouts to Chapman’s Eat Market and Modern Southern Table.
- Ted’s Montana Grill is currently featuring Cocktails for a Cause, a pair of holiday-themed cocktails. All proceeds for the libations go to Children of Restaurant Employees through Dec. 31. Ted’s has two Columbus-area locations, in the Arena District and at Easton.
This week I’m also writing:
- Check Out Littleton’s Market, Opening in Upper Arlington
- Behind the Bar: The Van Buren Room and The Flying Pepper Cantina (Proof Magazine)