Kura Revolving Sushi Bar in Pittsburgh’s Southside Works neighborhood
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- A new coffee trailer called Moonbird Coffee Co. soft opens tomorrow, Saturday, Jan. 6 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 1400 Holly Ave.
- The news broke yesterday that Strongwater Food & Spirits in Franklinton has closed after 10 years. The event space in the building has been purchased by Milo’s Catering, which is based in the neighborhood. Milo’s plans to expand the business with additional event spaces.
- A location of Kura Revolving Sushi Bar opens on Jan. 15 at 8833 Lyra Dr. at Polaris. The chain features sushi served on conveyor belts and beverages delivered table-side by robots.
- Bubbly Hall introduced a trio of new vendors: Hibachi Run, El Burrito Bowl, and Dhaba Kitchen. This follows the departure of Mr. Hummus Grill & Pizza, Fay’s Crepes, and an Italian stall that never opened.
- A new bar called Uncle Johnnie’s is coming soon to 65 S. Main St. in Johnstown.
- Curious what’s been happening with Rockmill Brewery? This week Columbus Monthly explored what’s been going on behind the scenes over the past few years, and its potential future. It’s a great read!
This week I’m also writing:
- Our Favorite Bites of 2023
- Fortune Chinese Owners Return with Chuan Jiang Hao Zi
- Brunch at the Brass Eye at The Junto Hotel