There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Ill Mannered Brewing hosts the ground-breaking for their new site at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 28. They’re upgrading from their spot in a small Powell strip mall to a stand-alone building nearby, complete with a larger production space, patio, and spot for food trucks.
- The annual Hot Mikey’s Takeover – a collaboration between Hot Chicken Takeover and Mikey’s Late Slice – kicks off next week with a party on Wednesday, Feb. 28. You can snag tickets for it here. Proceeds from the party benefit the Columbus Diaper Bank. The pizza will be available to the general public March 5-11.
- Hop Culture magazine hosts the Juicy Brews Fest this week, ending in a big beer tasting at The Crest on Sunday. You can read my preview of it in Columbus Alive here.
- Ohio burger restaurant Rail Burger opens a Dublin location at 5839 Frantz Rd. next week Monday, Feb. 26.
- MMELO Boutique Confections wraps up their Easton pop-up store after this Sunday, Feb. 25. Find their store this weekend at 3195 Easton Square.
- Rio Fresh Cafe has opened at 50 N. High St. downtown. The space was formerly occupied by Phatt Taco, which has relocated to Westerville.
- Double Comfort, formerly a fried chicken restaurant and now a hot sauce and spice blend company, won two awards at the Fiery Foods Challenge in Louisiana, for their Memphis Heat and Juke Joint hot sauces.
- The new Winking Lizard in Reynoldsburg celebrates their grand opening on Tuesday, Feb. 27 at 7995 E. Broad St.