There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Today, Friday, July 6 – is National Fried Chicken Day! Be sure to celebrate by visiting a local fried chicken joint. Hot Chicken Takeover is hosting wing-eating competitions at each of their stores, and they’re donating $1 from every sale to Food Rescue US.
- North Market announced a new monthly event, the Night Market, featuring live music, kid’s activities, arts and crafts, wine and beer, and other festivities. Select market vendors will be open later, too. The first Night Market takes place July 20, while the others are Aug. 17 and Sept. 21. The first market will coincide with the grand opening of their new produce merchant, Mini-Super.
- Preston’s Burgers is doing a pop-up at Eugene’s Canteen in the Short North today and tomorrow (July 6-7) from 5-10 p.m.
- COHatch co-working space announced they’ll open a new location at Polaris called The Pub. It will serve as a co-working space by day, and a bar and restaurant by night.
- A new 70s nostalgia-driven restaurant and bar called Good Night John Boy was announced this week for the Gateway University District, in one of the recently vacated restaurant spaces.
- & Juice Co. opened their third location at 991 N. Fourth St. in Italian Village this week.
- Delaware’s Olvina Taproom has opened a stand at Polaris
- Oshio Sushi Kitchen Bar opened yesterday at 974 W. Fifth Ave. in Grandview.