There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- The biggest and certainly worst piece of news this week is El Arepazo announced they’ll be closing their original location on Pearl Alley downtown. Seriously, this is the worst. It’s the best place for lunch downtown!
- But my consolation prize is that the Preston’s Burgers truck has started popping up during lunches downtown and Thursday evenings at The Draft Room in Westerville.
- A pair of restaurants, the German-themed Alpine Restaurant & Bar and Spanish-themed El Lugar, have opened in the old Juergen’s Bakery spot in German Village.
- Random Precision Brewing will release their full roster of sour beers tomorrow, Saturday, Nov. 3, starting at noon. You can read my interview with the owners Jason and Andrea Grable here!
- Swenson’s announced they’ll officially open their Dublin location at 7490 Sawmill Rd. on Friday, Nov. 9
- Arcade Super Awesome, located upstairs of the Olde Towne East Yellow Brick Pizza, will closing up soon.
- The Clintonville and Gahanna locations of Just Pies have closed, but the Westerville shop is still open.
- The Claddagh Irish Pub in the Brewery District will be closing on Sunday, Nov. 4. (Shoot, I think I have an unused giftcard for it.)
- Beers & Boardgames hosts their annual fundraiser, a 24-Hour Board Game Marathon, to benefit Nationwide Children’s Hospital. It kicks off on Saturday, Nov. 3 at 10 a.m. at Actual Brewing and Uprising Meadworks and include food trucks, giveaways, and a silent auction. You can also donate here.
- Crimson Cup offers a Seed-to-Cup Coffee Education class tomorrow, Saturday, Nov. 3. Register here!
- 1400 Food Lab hosts a special Sunday Supper for Veteran’s Day on Sunday, Nov. 11.
- Mashita Noodles is hosting a ramen pop-up at Harvest Clintonville on Sunday, Nov. 4 starting at 4 p.m.
- Columbus Underground hosts Beer + Donuts Brunch at Combustion Brewery on Sunday, Nov. 4. Get your tickets here!
- The Whitney House hosts Ramen After Dark on Tuesday, Nov. 6 starting at 10:30 p.m.
- Mrs. Goodman’s Baking Co. hosts their grand re-opening party on Saturday, Nov. 3 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my newsletter!