There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Brassica officially opens their new store in Upper Arlington today, although it’s been soft opened for a while now.
- The owner of Portia’s Cafe in Beechwold announced Portia’s Diner, an all plant-based diner in the old Whole World Restaurant space in Clintonville.
- Valter’s at the Maennerchor celebrates their third anniversary starting today and running all weekend, with food and drink specials.
- Zaftig Brewing hosts a crock pot cooking competition this Saturday, Jan. 19 from 1-4 p.m. Anyone can enter – just create a crockpot meal using one of Zaftig’s beers as an ingredient. Special bonus: yours truly will help judging!
- A new Persian cuisine pop-up, Charmy’s, is launched next week Tuesday, Jan. 22 from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Hills Downtown.
- Sideswipe Brewing commemorates their fifth anniversary with a party from 2-10 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 19. They’ll have new can releases, special beer tappings, and food from Fetty’s Street Food.
- (614) Magazine‘s Restaurant Week runs from Jan. 21-26, with special prix fixe menus at participating restaurants.
- Saraga International Grocery is adding a second location at 2750 S. Hamilton Rd.
- Zen Bee Meadery hosts a tasting at their taproom at 7472 Reliance St. on Saturday, Jan. 19 from 4-7 p.m.
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my newsletter!