There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- A Common Table, a new deli at 3496 N. High St. in Clintonville, the old Pocket Produce space, soft opens today, Feb. 15.
- Taste of OSU is tonight – Friday, Feb. 15 – at the Ohio Union. Organized every year by the Office of International Affairs, the event features over 40 student organizations showcasing international food and culture.
- CoreLife Eatery opens their newest central Ohio location – their third so far – today at 17 E. Lane Ave.
- Following a series of allegations of sexual assault against owner Fred Lee (as detailed in last week’s Columbus Alive), Actual Brewing Company has closed its new Clintonville brewpub for now.
- Earlier this week, Portia’s Cafe opened a new expansion coffee shop and deli called Portia’s Next Door.
- Dan the Baker announced he is scaling back on the hours and menu items at the Toast Bar in Grandview. The new hours are Friday-Sunday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., and the menu will focus exclusively on their breads and pastries.
- Kroger abruptly closed their baking facility at 457 Cleveland Ave. this week. No more wonderful smells of baking bread downtown. :/
- True Food Kitchen announced they will open a location next year in Easton’s upcoming expansion.
- After 25 years in business, General Tso’s Chinese restaurant at 5227 Godown Rd. on the Northwest Side is closing on Feb. 23.