There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- The owner of Beechwold Diner will open a second location, named George’s Linworth Diner, on Monday, March 11. The new diner is located at 2245 W. Dublin-Granville Rd.
- Hang Over Easy will open their second Columbus location at 51 Parsons Ave. (former site of Black Creek Bistro) on March 13.
- On March 15, the original Max & Erma’s location at 730 N. Third St. in German Village will fully open as a co-working space Kollectiv and as a restaurant/bar, Pierogi Mountain and Wunderbar.
- Michael’s Goody Boy will re-open under the ownership of Corso Ventures – the folks behind Forno and Standard Hall – on March 14.
- Cleveland’s Saucy Brew Works will open a Columbus taproom and brewery at 443 W. Third Ave., the old Cafe Apropros space in Harrison West.
- North Market announced that Kay Davenport, owner of North Market Cookware – a tenant for more than 20 years – would be retiring and closing the stall at the end of this month.
- Z Nomads, a new eatery featuring food from Kazakhstan, is coming soon to 3726 N. High St. in Clintonville.
- The new Nocterra Brewing in Powell hosts two events this weekend: a fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Association on Saturday, March 9 and their first can release – the Beta Flash New England IPA – on Sunday, March 10.
- The Angry Baker opens a new location at 1962 N. Mallway Dr. in Upper Arlington on March 15.
- Pit BBQ Grille announced they will open a second location at 1542 Parsons Ave. this spring.
- North Market hosts their annual Mix & Shake cocktail event on Saturday, March 9.
- The forthcoming Center Street Market in Hilliard has started announcing its first vendors: Meatball Mafia, Cheesecake Girl, and Bakes By Lo. The market will also include Crooked Can Brewing Co.
- On March 8 at 3 p.m., Wolf’s Ridge Brewing hosts the tapping of their International Women’s Day beers, benefiting YWCA Columbus.
- 1400 Food Lab hosts a Chips & Champagne Party on Thursday, March 14 for National Potato Chip Day, featuring dishes from OH! Chips, Bleu & Fig, Pibil Columbus, Black Velvet Desserts, and JK Brittleworks.
You can also find me…
- Roundup: 11 Spots to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day (Columbus Alive)
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my newsletter!
NOTE: Friday Food Bites will be taking a week off, because Mrs. Breakfast With Nick and I are headed to Scotland to celebrate our birthdays! Catch you in a couple weeks.