There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Somehow I forgot to share this last week, but Natalie’s Coal Fired Pizza announced they would open a second location in the old King Ave 5 space in Grandview/5xNW!
- Columbus Brewing Company announced they will be opening a much-anticipated taproom this summer at their brewery on the west side.
- House Wine announced it would close its Bexley location over the next couple weeks.
- Harvest Pizzeria announced yesterday that, due to lease renewal issues, they will close their original German Village location after Apr. 27.
- Buckeye Chili & Smokehouse has opened downtown at 30 S. Young St., former site of Hungry Soul Cafe (RIP).
- 1400 Food Lab will host its April Sunday Supper with Bidisha Nag of Create Your Curry on Sunday, Apr. 28. That night she will create a traditional and modern Bengali feast.
- The owner of the shuttered Ugly Tuna Saloona in the Gateway announced he would re-open as Ugly Tuna 2 at 195 Chittenden Ave., former site of Two Bucks.
- Columbus Monthly reported that acclaimed Cleveland chef Jonathon Sawyer (owner of Greenhouse Tavern and Noodlecat) announced he would be partnering with Forward Hospitality Group to open a restaurant at 906 N. High St., prior site of the short-lived RAM Restaurant & Brewery in Short North.
- Mississippi-based McAlister’s Deli announced they will open a second central Ohio location, this one in Hilliard.
- Studio 35 announced that they are moving ahead with planned renovations that include new seating, a second screen with 30 seats, upstairs bar seating, new windows, and more. The movie theatre and drafthouse will remain open during renovations.
You can also find me…
- Roundup: Five new patios (Columbus Alive)
- 10 Columbus Metro Parks to Explore This Spring (Experience Columbus)
- Brunch review: Lexi’s on Third a good weekday stop for deli-style dishes (Columbus Dispatch)