There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- The biggest news of the week is the much-anticipated opening of Katalina’s second location, Katalina’s, Too at 3481 N. High St. in Clintonville. In addition to a larger space and a big patio, the new location will feature a new menu items like the Prego Steak Sandwich, Big Ole Breakfast Salad, and a chile relleno. The new Katalina’s is set to open officially on Monday, June 3.
- There’s also a new option for brunch in the Brewery District! Short & Stout Kitchen holds their grand opening on Friday, May 31, inside The Daily Growler at 702 S. High St.
- And speaking of breakfast, the Columbus Commons hosts Wake Up with the Commons, a special food truck breakfast every Tuesday morning in June from 7-10:30 a.m. Crimson Cup, Buckeye Donuts, and Nate’s Steamed Bagels will be there to help to start your day!
- Next month Columbus Food Adventures launches a new itinerary, dubbed Alt Eats II: A Tour Spanning Asia. The tour will explore a variety of Asian restaurants around Henderson and Bethel Roads on the northwest side of Columbus.
- The Beers and Boardgames Club will host their fifth-annual Tabletop Day fundraiser this Saturday, June 1 from 3-7 p.m. at BrewDog in Canal Winchester.
- A new Moroccan fast casual restaurant called Couscous House has opened at 1611 Morse Rd.
- Donna’s Delicious Dozen, a new donut shop at 5322 N. Hamilton Rd., will celebrate its grand opening on Wednesday, June 5. Donna’s serves made-to-order cake donuts with customizable toppings.
- This Week News reports that the owner of South Village Grille and Local Cantina plans to open a sushi carryout at 195 Thurman Ave. in German Village.
- A new location of Scrambler’s is set to open soon at 6313 Pullman Dr. in Lewis Center.
- North Market‘s outdoor farmer’s market launches its season this Saturday, June 1.
You can also find me…
- Roundup: Forage-free mushroom dining (Columbus Alive)
- Explore Legoland Discover Center! (Experience Columbus)
- Celebrate Art in Worthington (Experience Worthington)