There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- North Market announced their newest vendor: American Nut Company. The stall will sell about 30 different varieties of roasted nuts, plus popcorn.
- Sideswipe Brewing releases their annual MojoFlo hoppy amber ale this Saturday, July 13. The release party will of course feature MojoFlo performing at the taproom.
- Dulce Vida Ice Cream Factory announced they would open a third shop in Short North.
- Antiques on High and North Country Charcuterie are joining forces for a charcuterie and sour beer tasting this Sunday, July 14.
Baba’s announced the Baba’s Backdoor Dinner Club on Aug. 5 from 6-9:30 p.m. Chefs Dan Kraus and Andrew Smith will be teaming up to cook a six-course dinner.EDIT: this event is being rescheduled.
- This Sunday is also Bastille Day, and La Chatelaine is celebrating with specials throughout the day, including happy hour prices on drinks and apps, and a breakfast special for $17.89 for two.
- Next week Wednesday, July 17, 1400 Food Lab hosts a rosé tasting, featuring 12 wines paired with sweet and savory snacks.
- And on Sunday, July 28, the Food Lab’s monthly Sunday Supper features Brendon Fox of FoxFire Tacos, creating a menu of Latin-inspired entrees and sides.
- North Market hosts the Ohio Wine Festival this Friday and Saturday, July 12-13.
- 614 Magazine‘s Restaurant Week returns July 15-20, where participating restaurants create special prix fixe three-course meals.
This week, I’m also writing at…