There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- The annual Jazz & Rib Fest returns to the downtown riverfront this weekend, July 19-21, promising lots of live music and more than 20 BBQ vendors.
- A new ice cream shop called CMRD is set to open at 1190 N. High St. in Short North this Saturday, July 20.
- A new bar, restaurant, and event space called Palmas Tropical Escape, from the owners of Barroluco, was announced for downtown Columbus.
- A new sandwich spot called Frank and Carl’s was announced for 6558 Longshore Dr. in Dublin’s Bridge Park development.
- Banana Leaf Restaurant shared on Facebook that they’re planning to move to a new location soon.
- As reported in Columbus Alive, Lou’s Fresh Flavor, a new Puerto Rican restaurant, has opened at 177 1/2 Cypress Ave. in Franklinton.
- The Good Frank shared they will be opening a carryout location on Lane Avenue across from Ohio State’s campus.
- A new tavern called Kitchen Social was announced for 8954 Lyra Dr. at Polaris.
- 1400 Food Lab launches a new Instant Pot cooking class series, starting this Sunday, July 21 with a class focused on southern BBQ.
This week, I’m also writing at…
- Roundup: New(ish) and upcoming North Market vendors (Columbus Alive)
- Broad Street Bagels & Deli serves filling, inexpensive fare (Columbus Dispatch)
- On Tap: Route 33 Brew Trail (Columbus Alive)