There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest! (P.S. Friday Food Bites will be taking a week off next week – we’re traveling to Yellowstone National Park!)
- Cleveland chef Jonathon Sawyer’s first Columbus restaurant, SeeSaw, is set to open this Sunday, Aug. 25 at 906 N. High St., former site of RAM Restaurant & Brewery. The restaurant is a partnership between Chef Sawyer and Forward Hospitality Group, and will feature live-fire cooking.
- After a week’s delay, the German beer hall and restaurant Gemüt Biergarten opens today at 734 Oak St. in Olde Towne East.
- North Market’s newest vendor, American Nut Company, will make its debut on Monday, Aug. 26.
- Gypsy on the Mile has opened downtown at 200 S. Civic Center Dr., serving everything from lobster rolls to chicken paprikash to pierogi.
- Ambrose & Eve introduced a new happy hour menu from 4-6 p.m. daily, featuring $7 snacks and drink specials
And plenty of events this weekend!
- Urban Scrawl is this weekend, Aug. 24 and 25, at 400 West Rich in Franklinton. See local artists painting murals, try food trucks, enjoy beer, visit artist studios, and let the kids get in on the art, too!
- Ill Mannered Brewing celebrates their four-year anniversary on Saturday, Aug. 24 from 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m., with food trucks and tappings of a wide variety of special beers
- The Columbus Summer Wine Festival is Saturday, Aug. 24 from 2-10 p.m. at the Columbus Commons
- BrewDog’s Annual General Mayhem is Saturday, Aug. 24 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. at their Canal Winchester facility, featuring games, food, plenty of beer, live music, and more
- Flavored Nation, the festival highlighting iconic tastes from all 50 states, runs this Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 24-25
- The Columbus Vegan Festival is also Saturday, Aug. 24 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Whetstone Recreation Center
- The Coffee CoLab is coming up on Aug. 31, at Crimson Cup’s Innovation Lab
- Baba’s first Back Door Dinner Supper Club is coming up on Monday, Sept 2, featuring the work of Chef Dan and Chef Andrew Smith!
This week I’m also writing:
- Ohio’s Historic Eats Perfect for Road Trips (TourismOhio)