There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Matt & Tony’s Wood-Fired Kitchen, a new concept from the owners of Pat & Gracie’s, is set to debut on Monday, Sept. 16 at 525 Short St. in the Brewery District, former home of CBC Restaurant
- A new sushi walk-up, Jonys Sushi, opened at 195 Thurman Ave. in German Village next to South Village Grille
- The Old Bag of Nails has opened their newest location at 4416 N. High St. in Clintonville. The building was formerly the Wine Bistro and then Westie’s Gastropub briefly.
- Makers Social, a new bar and DIY shop, was announced for the River & Rich development in Franklinton. It’s set to open sometime this winter.
- Business First reports that SIP Local, a collaboration between the owner of Local Cantina and Old Skool, and Somewhere in Particular Brewing, will open soon in the old Actual Brewing Clintonville space at 2808 N. High St.
- The Crafted Fest is Saturday, Sept. 14 from 3-7 p.m. at the Columbus Commons. It will feature samplings of 42+ craft beers, live music, and food from 8 Columbus restaurants. Proceeds benefit Freedom a la Cart.
- The Daily Growler in German Village/Brewery District celebrates its second anniversary today, Sept. 13 starting at 8 p.m. with special beer tappings, comedy, and a screening of Gremlins
This week I’m also writing…
- An Easy Getaway at the Timbrook Guesthouse (Experience Worthington)
- Tastes of Fall in Ohio (TourismOhio)
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!