There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- After years of anticipation, Columbus Brewing Company opened its taproom this week. The taproom is part of their production facility at 2555 Harrison Rd. on the west side.
- Chagrin Falls-based Dave’s Cosmic Subs also opened this week at 1764 N. High St. across from Ohio State.
- Dick’s Dive, a new dive bar in the basement of Zeno’s in Harrison West, opened last week.
- The Abuelo’s Mexican Restaurant at Easton has closed
- The Butcher & Grocer announced expansion plans – including potential shops in Dublin/Powell and the forthcoming Trolley Barn market in Franklin Park. They’ve launched an Indiegogo to help build support for it.
- Crimson Cup Coffee took home the award for best Small Franchise/Chain Roaster this week at the Golden Bean Awards.
- Doral Chenoweth, better known as the Grumpy Gourmet, passed away last week at the age of 98. Chenoweth wrote restaurant reviews for the Columbus Dispatch from 1982-2000, and influenced a generation of food bloggers and writers.
This week I’m also writing…
- Your Guide to German Dining in Columbus (Experience Columbus)
- Brunch review: Dan’s Drive-In is pure vintage in look, feel, food (Columbus Dispatch)
- 8 Fall Beers to Enjoy in Columbus (Experience Columbus)
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!