Happy New Year! There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Short & Stout Kitchen inside The Daily Growler in German Village announced they will be closing Jan. 5. The owners are working on a new concept, MNCHS, a restaurant in a shipping container next to DankHouse Brewing in Newark.
- The Hills Market Downtown is launching a dry happy hour the third Tuesday of every month from 5-7 p.m., starting on Tuesday, Jan. 21. They’ll serve zero proof cocktails, snacks, plus alcoholic drinks on tap.
- Eugene’s Canteen in the Short North closed this week and will transform into a new concept, with owner Justin Boehme stepping away from day-to-day operations
- A new beer garden called Thirsty Gnome is coming soon to central Ohio
This week I’m also writing:
- 2019: A Year in Breakfast
- I’m also running a giveaway for $30 to The Original Pancake House on Instagram here (through EOD Saturday, Jan. 4)
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!