There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Lifestyle Cafe, a new plant-based eatery, holds its grand opening on Saturday, Jan. 18 in the old Angry Baker space, 891 Oak St. in Olde Towne East.
- Sadly, Mark Dempsey, owner of Dempsey’s Food & Spirits, passed away last week. He was hospitalized following a heart attack around Christmas. I know that Mark was loved by many of the community. It speaks to the true value of restaurants like his, as gathering places for the community. We’re thinking of his family this week as they cope with their loss.
- ROST Coffee holds the grand opening for their new shop in The Fort Collective at 13 W. Second St. in Chillicothe today, Jan. 17.
- (614) Magazine‘s Restaurant Week runs next week Monday-Saturday, Jan. 20-25. Dozens of local restaurants are offering special menus set from $15-40 per person.
- Ivan Kane’s Forty Deuce cafe and night club is now open at 3949 Brighton Rose Square at Easton
- The new Dollar General concept DGX, the first in Columbus, is now open at 166 S. High St. downtown
- ThisWeekNews reports that a new brewery/food truck spot will be coming soon to 6678 Central College Rd. in New Albany
- Columbus Winter Beerfest is Friday and Saturday, Jan. 17-18, at the Convention Center
- Brioso Coffee hosts a Latte Art competition on Friday, Jan. 17 at 6 p.m. at their new downtown shop
This week I’m also writing:
- Brioso Coffee’s new downtown shop
- The Holidays in Pittsburgh
- Brunch review: Tasi a Short North hidden gem (Columbus Dispatch)
And the second video in my interview series with local food-makers is up! Get to know Eric Bean of Columbus Brewing Company:
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!