There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- The owners of Gallo’s Taproom and Gallo’s Kitchen & Bar announced they’ll open Gallo’s on High in old Little Eater space, at 4215 N. High St. in Clintonville
- Tastings Columbus in the Short North announced they will be closing after March 7
- Owner Lidia Labra announced that she’s sold the Los Potosinos food truck and new owners are taking over, keeping some of her menu items but renaming the truck to Los Alebrijes
- Studio 35’s in-house pizza shop, Fibonocci’s Pizzeria, is now up and running
- Columbus Underground reports that J’s Sweet Treats & Wedding Cakes is planning a soft opening on Friday, Feb. 28 at 1540 Parsons Ave.
- Drink Up Columbus hosts the Second Quadrennial Leap Day in Grandview on Saturday, Feb. 29 from 2:30-5 p.m. with special cocktails and beer tastings at the Grandview Theater and a screening of the 30 Rock Leap Day episode. “Real life is for March!”
- Watershed Distillery releases its first single-barrel batch of bourbon starting at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 29
- The new Columbus Winter Wine Festival takes place at Brewmasters Gate in the Brewery District on Saturday, Feb. 29 from noon to 8 p.m.
- Souper Heroes hosts their chili cook-off this Sunday, March 1 from 2-4 p.m. at Seventh Son Brewing. You can sign up to bring a chili or just show up, make a donation, then sample away!
This week I’m also writing…
- Your Easton Dining Guide: What’s New and What’s Local! (Experience Columbus)
- Katalina’s, Too in Clintonville
- Cheering on the Columbus Crew SC (Ohio.org)
And the seventh video in my interview series with local food-makers is up! Get to know Hans and Joelle Hochstedler, owners of Florin Coffee:
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!