There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- What the Waffle will finally open in its new digs this Saturday, Aug. 1 at 9 a.m., at 695 E. Long St. in King-Lincoln Bronzeville. They’ll be serving waffle sandwiches, omelets, and other goodies.
- Lawbird cocktail bar has teamed up with chef Tyler Minnis of The Market Italian Village to create Boxwood Biscuit Co., serving food out of Lawbird’s kitchen, and featuring biscuit sandwiches, breakfast bowls, biscuits and gravy, Thunderkiss cold brew, and sides.
- Blunch in Clintonville announced that this coming weekend would be their last in business.
- Echo Spirits Distilling Co. releases its straight rye whiskey on Wednesday, Aug. 5. This joins their rum and their forthcoming genever.
- The owners of The Old Spot announced the new concept, Cleaver, that will take its place. It’s headed up by Tony Tanner and Matt Evans, partners in The Butcher & Grocer next door. They are opening first by hosting dinner parties.
- Alqueria Restaurant has started hosting a pop-up market. The next one is this Saturday, Aug. 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and will feature Hershberger Farms, Sixteen Bricks Bakery, and other vendors.
- Bleu & Fig is offering Brunch, Brunch Baby To-Go, a curbside pickup brunch for two, this Sunday, Aug. 2.
- And there have been a handful of other closings this week, including A Common Table deli in Clintonville, Winans Chocolates + Coffees downtown (their Grandview, Dublin, and German Village locations remain open), and Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams won’t reopen its Powell or Bexley shops.
This week I’ve also been writing:
- How to Make a Better Cold Brew Coffee (Columbus Monthly)
- Breakfast Recipes with Ohio Ingredients (Ohio.org)
- Get Your Cocktails To Go in Columbus (Ohio.org)
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!