There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Kolache Republic reopened this week! They just moved a few doors north of their previous space; find them inside The Daily Growler at 702 S. High St. in German Village/Brewery District. They’re serving breakfast Wednesday-Sunday and a new happy hour menu from 5-8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday.
- Pistacia Vera announced that it has closed its North Market stall permanently in order to focus on its German Village cafe.
- The new Edison Brewing Company opened this week at 785 Science Blvd. in Gahanna
- The Market Italian Village has opened up a new pop-up called Dairy Dose, inspired by hometown ice cream shops. The menu features hotdogs, burgers, slushies, sno-cones, cocktails, ice cream, and other treats for both adults and kids.
- Bourbon & Barley Saloon in the Short North is under new ownership and has rebranded as The Alibi Bourbon & Cocktail Lounge. The space is undergoing renovation, and opening dates will be announced soon.
- A new biscuit-centric cafe called Basic Biscuits, Kindness and Coffee is coming soon to 1160 Goodale Blvd.
- The owners of Signature Wines announced that it has closed permanently. Their wines can still be found at Bunker’s Mill Winery in Cardington, Ohio.
- Service! Relief Kitchen, which donated meals to hospitality industry workers, has returned as a grant-making organization, offering $250 grants to folks out-of-work in the industry.
- The Original Pancake House in Upper Arlington teased on social media that a second location is in the works.
- The owners of Milo’s Catering have opened Milo’s Grill at Champions Golf Course, at 3900 Westerville Rd.
- The underground pizza-maker Spencer Saylor, better known as Wizard of Za on Instagram announced, he will be opening a pizzeria somewhere in Clintonville.
This week I’m also writing:
- Learn about the new Cafe Elena on the city’s northwest side
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!