Coast Wine House
There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Spagio, a Columbus institution for 40 years, has officially closed. Founders Hubert and Helga Seifert sold off the restaurant last year, but now the business’ assets are up for auction by the current owners.
- Coast Wine House reopened for business this week, offering reserved patio seating and BYOB (“bring your own blanket”) seating on the lawn. They’ve also released an updated bar snacks and cocktail menu to go with the new outdoors digs.
- This Sunday, Aug. 30, Old Worthington businesses are providing a taste of classic fair food. The Whitney House is leading the way with a tribute to fair food from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., including corn dogs, smoked turkey legs, roast beef sundaes, fries, funnel cakes, and more. Other Old Worthington businesses like The Half Pint, Sassafras Bakery, and others are joining up, too. Read my blog post with more details on ExperienceWorthington.com!
- Dough Mama South officially opens on Saturday, Aug. 29 at 702 S. High St. in German Village
- Basic Biscuits, Kindness and Coffee is now open at 1160 Goodale Blvd. in Grandview
- The Jack & Benny’s downtown location at 12 E. Broad St. has closed
- Ill Mannered Brewing is celebrating five years this week, with special beer releases and food trucks on site
This week I’m also writing:
- 15 Takeout Meals to Try
- It’s a Tribute to Fair Food This Sunday (Experience Worthington)
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!