There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- North Market announced that its newest vendor would be none other than Breakfast With Nick favorite Preston’s Burgers! Set to open sometime in mid-October, the Preston’s stall will sit between Firdous Express and American Nut Company, the spot vacated earlier this year by Little Eater.
- Mission Coffee Co. shared this week that they will not reopen their shop on Price Avenue in the Short North, which closed in the spring with all the COVID shutdowns. They have shifted their operations to their annex and roasting facility at 1051 N. Fourth St. in Italian Village, where they’ve been doing pop-ups already.
- The new sandwich-centric spot Punk Pigs held its grand opening yesterday at 2515 Summit St., the former Baba’s space.
- Spires Social Brewing Co. opened last week at 8757 Sancus Blvd., serving house-made beers and sodas, plus guest beers, cider, and mead.
- Vida’s Plant-Based Butcher holds its soft opening today at 1724 Northwest Blvd. in Grandview
- An ice cream cookie shop called S’wich Social is set to open this fall in Italian Village
- Columbus Monthly reports that Philco Bar + Diner in the Short North seems to have closed up shop, with a “for lease” sign in the window
- 36 Bistro has taken over the kitchen operations at Old Skool (2941 N. High St. in Clintonville)
This week I’m also writing…
- A Trek to The Wilds + Donuts, Coffee, & Ice Cream
- Food News: Spires Social opens near Polaris; Fourth and State re-opens downtown (Columbus Alive)