Image courtesy facebook.com/WillowbeezSoulveg
There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Following quickly on the heals of The Pastry Factory’s opening, North Market’s newest vendor, Willowbeez Soulveg, held its grand opening this week. Willowbeez focuses on plant-based soul food offerings.
- North Market also announced the return of its farmers market starting on June 2 and the monthly Night Markets starting on June 18.
- Dough Mama announced that they’ll close their German Village location after this weekend. Owner Perrie Wilkhof shared about the challenges of operating two locations, but emphasized that the Clintonville location is thriving and will reopen for dine-in on May 8, with expanded hours coming soon.
- Northeast Ohio-based Black Box Fix opens at 4037 Fenlon St. at Easton on Saturday, May 1. Black Box Fix serves Cajun-style sandwiches and loaded fries.
- A new coffee shop called Jojo’s Java Lounge opens inside Eastland Mall on Saturday, May 1.
- The third and last of the The Pearl Market‘s pre-season mini markets takes placed today, April 30, from 4-8 p.m. at Slammer’s, 202 E. Long St. downtown. The regular market season returns starting Tuesday, May 21.
- Punk Pigs in SoHud announced some updates to their menu and hours starting May 4. Next month they’ll also kick off a Napoleon Dynamite-themed pop-up called Dynamite’s Dang Quesadilla, running weekends noon to 5 p.m. through the summer featuring nachos and quesadillas.
- Gahanna’s Herb’n Restaurant Week runs May 2-8, with participating restaurants offering food and drink specials using different herbs.
- And more re-openings this week, including Dirty Frank’s (May 1) and Rye River Social (May 5). The Worthington Farmers Market also returns to Old Worthington on Saturday, May 1.
This week I’m also writing: