There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Owen Glen Hall-Jones announced this week that the Merion Village English pub Geordie’s Restaurant will be closing as of May 31. Hall-Jones cited changes to their building and ongoing industry staff shortages as the reason for the closing.
- Columbus Food Adventures walking tours return next week! You can book a seat on their German Village, Grandview Avenue, Old Worthington, Franklinton, and Brewery District tours.
- The Columbus Greek Festival returns in a carryout-only format May 14-16
- Business First reported that the historic Columbus brand Hoster Brewing is set to make a comeback this summer. The Hoster owners are building out a production facility and taproom at 653 N. James Rd., in part of the former Actual Brewing space.
- The new Mikey’s Late Night Slice location inside the Hollywood Casino opened this week
- A new shop called Blended & Blessed open recently at 214 Thurman Ave. in German Village (former site of Native Cold Pressed). Blended & Blessed serves teas, protein shakes, and protein coffees.
- The Urban Chophouse is set to open May 12 at 1079 N. High St. in the Short North
- Combustion Brewery in Pickerington has added four-packs of select beers and ciders.
- A number of re-openings have taken place this week or have been recently announced! Lawbird opened this week with a May the Fourth menu, Tortilla Street Food is back at the Columbus Commons, The Market Italian Village returned this week, Comune will re-open for dine-in on May 26. While it hasn’t set an exact date, Watershed Kitchen & Bar announced it’s working toward re-opening. The new owners of The Sycamore in German Village also teased a summer re-opening.
This week I’m also writing:
- A look at Ray Ray’s Meat + Three in Granville
- Treat Mom for Mother’s Day in Worthington (Experience Worthington)
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or…
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.