A full spread from Preston’s and Honey’s.
There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- The big news this week (at least for me!) is that Preston’s Burgers announced a new stand-alone location coming soon at 480 Main St. in Groveport, part of a new development there. Even better is an expansion of their second concept Honey’s Fried Chicken & Biscuits, included in the new brick-and-mortar. Preston’s owners have been running both concepts side-by-side from their North Market stall.
- The Chocolate Cafe in Grandview is set to open a new location, Chocolate Cafe Express, in the former Dough Mama/Kolache Republic space at 730 S. High St. in German Village. The new shop will open its doors on Wednesday, Sept. 15.
- Destinations Donuts announced yesterday that it would be leaving its stall in North Market on Oct. 11 and move into its own storefront at 3519 N. High St. in Clintonville.
- Budd Dairy Food Hall announced a second business incubation space called Sugar, in the stall formerly occupied by Stauf’s. The first vendor to fill it is Mrs. Turbo’s Cookies, which opens next week Tuesday, Sept. 14.
- Speaking of cookies, Crumbl Cookies opened a location at 6326 E. Dublin-Granville Rd. in New Albany this week.
- The owners of The Little Donut Shop near campus have said that they are closed permanently.
- Legacy Smokehouse in Hilliard announced that they are adding an upstairs restaurant and bourbon bar Rickhouse 41.
- The Cheesecake Girl is set to open her first stand-alone location at 4345 W. Dublin-Granville Rd. in Dublin today, Sept. 10. This shop joins her existing stall in the Center Street Market. She has also closed her temporary stall at the Budd Dairy Food Hall.
This week I’m also writing:
- Sunday brunch with German beer and live music at 1487 Brewery
- AR Workshop Makes the Move on to High Street (Experience Worthington)
- Casa Nueva in Athens (Ohio Magazine)