Jeff Benson and David Tetzloff, G. Michael’s owners
There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- David Tetzloff and Jeff Benson, owners of G. Michael’s Bistro & Bar in German Village, announced this week that they have closed after 23 years in business. They cited an inability to come to terms on a renewed lease with the building owners.
- Budd Dairy Food Hall announced that Zaytoon Mediterranean Grill will take over the Hatch incubation space at the food hall, most recently occupied by The Cheesecake Girl, who just left to open her own storefront in Dublin. Zaytoon, which serves basmati rice, spit-roasted meats, chicken schwarma, lamb and beef gyros, will open on Tuesday, Sept. 21.
- Moran’s Bar & Grille has opened at 415 N. Front St. in the Arena District, former site of The Half Pint.
- The Hello Kitty Cafe Truck will park at Easton Town Center this Saturday, Sept. 18 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Crest Gastropub in Clintonville launched its own carryout-only pizza service called The Crust yesterday. Currently open Wednesday-Saturday, 4-10 p.m., the service features pizzas, charcuterie, cheese breads, drinks, and snacks for carryout, with delivery service coming soon.
- Several outlets have reported that the Panera at 648 S. High St. (former site of The Clarmont) has closed.
- Fukuryu Ramen launched a new ghost kitchen called Dōmo, delivering rice bowls and Japanese street bites around downtown.
Some food-related events this weekend!
- High Road Gallery in Worthington hosts its next Art Brunch this Saturday, Sept. 18 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., with food from Tabouli Cafe, artist demos, and tours of their studio space.
- Columbus Brewing Company hosts the Better Late pop-up market Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 18-19, at its taproom.
- And the 23rd-annual Ohio Pawpaw Festival is this weekend, Sept. 17-19, in Albany, Ohio, with live music, cooking demos, plenty of pawpaw food and drink.
This week I’m also writing:
- The Studio 35 Trifecta: Pizza, Beer, & Movies
- Henmick Farm & Brewery is a Stunning New Destination (Ohio.org)
- 10 of the Best New Video Gams for Kids (Cubby at Home)
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or…
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.