There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Sadly, this week the owners of the Wildflower Cafe in Clintonville announced they would be closing after this Saturday, Sept. 25. The cafe has been open for 23 years.
- Saddleberk will open its stall in North Market Bridge Park next week Monday, Sept. 27, operating as a butcher shop, grocer, and cafe serving prepared meals (including breakfast!).
- The owners of Poong Mei Asian Bistro in Upper Arlington announced that they would be closing after 10 years in business. In the announcement on their site, they said dishes from Poong Mei would be transitioned over to its sister restaurant next door, Donpocha Korean BBQ, over the coming months.
- Insomnia Cookies opens its new Short North location 749 N. High St. on Saturday, Sept. 25.
- Multiple outlets have reported that Buddha Bowl, a new fast casual concept from Basil Thai, is now open at 2973 N. High St. in Clintonville, former site of Blunch.
- Choong Man (or CM) Chicken will open its first central Ohio location at 1132 W. Henderson Rd. CM Chicken’s menu is built all around Korean fried chicken.
- Business First reported that the owners of Beeline bar at Easton will open a new bar, The Roosevelt Room, in Bridge Park.
- Land-Grant Brewing celebrates its 7th anniversary this Saturday, Sept. 25 with brewery tours, special beer tappings, donut pairings, live music, local food trucks, and more.
- Ohio Pint Day is next week Tuesday, Sept. 28. That day, you can visit more than 150 participating breweries across the state and purchase a specialty pint glass.
This week I’m also writing:
- An Escape to Glenlaurel Scottish Inn & Cottages
- A $10 Solution to Cluttered Craft Supplies (Cubby at Home)
- A delightful Sunday brunch at JB’s Downtown Grill in Lancaster