Image courtesy facebook.com/JerkysJamaicanGrill
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Jerky’s Jamaican Grill opens today, Dec. 3, at 1247 N. High St. between Short North and campus.
- Mikey’s Late Night Slice is now shipping its pizzas nationwide through Goldbelly.
- Zacatecas Mexican Grill soft opened at 1175 Worthington Woods Blvd., just north of Worthington.
- Watershed Distillery’s NocinoFest returns this Saturday, Dec. 4 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. It will feature their signature walnut liqueur, including a special version, Boucino, made with bourbon instead of vodka.
- Multiple sources have reported that Brian Swanson, owner of Bodega and Bristol Republic, plans to open a new eatery at 671 High St. in Old Worthington, former home of The Half Pint.
- The Lantern reported that the owners of Threes Above High and Fours on High are taking over Hendoc’s and renaming it Fives Up High.
- Coast Wine House in Dublin has launched a holiday-themed pop-up called The Weinhaus, with decor, wines, beer, cocktails, and food inspired by Old World holiday markets. It runs through December, and is paired with their Outpost offerings: heated tents that seat up to six.
- Understory, Wolf’s Ridge Brewing’s upcoming restaurant and event space, hosts its first public event this weekend, the Holiday Wonderland pop-up market Dec. 4-5. Organized by the SoHud Collective, the fair will feature 50+ vendors, drinks, live music, and more.
- 614Now reported that Biscuits by Daddy O’s, a gluten free biscuit joint, is coming soon to 821 E. Long St.
This week I’m also writing:
- 5 Restaurants to Try This Month
- Homemade Masala Chai Company Gets Start During the Pandemic (Columbus Monthly)
- I Tried the Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Wild Rice Casserole and It’s a Crowd-Pleasing Favorite (Cubby at Home)
- 9 Classic Ohio Bakeries to Visit During the Holidays (Ohio Magazine)
- Holiday Train Fun in Worthington! (Experience Worthington)