There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Zaftig Brewing in Italian Village and Java Central announced this week they’ll be partnering to bring a new coffee shop in the brewpub space.
- Louisiana-based Another Broken Egg, a breakfast and brunch-themed chain, opened its first Columbus location at 3942 Townsfair Way at Easton this week.
- Strongwater Food & Spirits announced that chef Catie Randazzo, most recently of the shuttered Ambrose & Eve, has taken over the kitchen at the Franklinton restaurant.
- Business First reported this morning that Mikey’s Late Night Slice is taking over the former Yellow Brick Pizza space at 892 Oak St. in Olde Towne East. Yellow Brick left the space last year because it is opening a location nearby in the forthcoming East Market.
- The only central Ohio location of the Corner Bakery Cafe chain, located at 1478 Gemini Place near Polaris, has closed.
- 614 Now reported that Patty’s Kitchen, a popular farmers market tamale stop formerly known as Columba’s, has opened a carryout shop at 5900 N. Meadows Blvd. on the north end.
- The Center Street Market in Hilliard has launched a special passport for January and February. Guests can collect stamps while making purchases at market vendors to earn a free T-shirt.
- Want to snag one of the super rare Sam Adam’s Utopias beers? The Hills Market Downtown got a single bottle, and is raffling off tickets for the chance to purchase it. Tickets are $5, available online here, and benefit Service Relief Kitchen.
This week I’m also writing:
- 5 Restaurants to Try This Month (January 2022)
- A feature on the Van Buren Room cocktail bar in Dayton (Ohio Magazine)
- Five New Taprooms in the Columbus Suburbs to Try (Columbus Monthly)