There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- The new Worthington Tavern is set to officially open at 671 High St. in Old Worthington on Thursday, June 2. The tavern takes the place of The Half Pint, and is owned by Brian Swanson, operator of Bodega and Bristol Republic in the Short North. Get a sneak peek of the Worthington Tavern!
- Dirty Frank’s Hot Dogs opened a special stall called Dirty Frank’s Upper Deck at Huntington Park this week. They’ll be slinging dogs at Clippers’ Thursday-Sunday games all season long.
- The first of two new taco, tequila, and bourbon joints called Agave & Rye is set to debut Wednesday, June 1 at 479 N. High St., across from the Convention Center. It takes the space vacated by the Japanese Steakhouse. Meanwhile, another location in the old Spagio storefront in Grandview is set to open on June 8.
- Jacksonville, Florida-based Maple Street Biscuits Co. announced it would open its first Ohio location at 1310 Polaris Pkwy.
- On social media this week, Fukuryu Ramen teased a new location coming somewhere near Polaris. This joins locations in Upper Arlington and Dublin.
- After moving to 11 Buttles Ave., Quinci Emporium will re-open its doors on Thursday, June 2.
- Jeni’s Strawberry Jam returns to Land-Grant Brewing this Saturday and Sunday, May 28-29 with loads of food vendors, special release beers, live music, kids’ activities, and much more.
This week I’m also writing:
- What’s Better at DK Diner: The Breakfast or the Donuts?
- Korean-Style Hot Dogs Have Arrived in Columbus (Ohio.org)
- Get a look at the new Ohio Brewing Company
- Seven Columbus patios for Memorial Day weekend drinks (ColumbusAlive.com)