There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Kintsugi Sushi Bar in North Market Bridge Park announced on social media this week that it would be closing after Aug. 28. The owner sited the new to focus on other projects. Companion restaurant Satori Ramen Bar in North Market Downtown remains open.
- The owners of Cleaver in Grandview announced yesterday that the restaurant has closed effective immediately.
- Rose Dough Donuts will be popping up Friday, Aug. 19 starting at 8 a.m. at The Lox Bagel Shop.
- Buffalo, New York-based bottle shop and taproom Fattey Beer Co. holds its grand opening on Saturday, Aug. 20 at 74 S. State St. in Uptown Westerville.
- 614 reported that Sally’s Halal Grill, a new Somali spot, opened last week at 2649 Northland Plaza Dr.
You can catch multiple festivals with loads of food and drink this weekend!
- The Columbus Food Truck Festival takes place Aug. 19-21 at Franklin County Fairgrounds in Hilliard.
- The inaugural CBUS Soul Fest is this Saturday, Aug. 20 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. in Bicentennial Park. It celebrates Black food, fashion, culture, music, and more.
- The Columbus African Festival is that same day from noon to 8 p.m. in Franklin Park.
- And CrestFest returns to Clintonville on Saturday with fun activities, local bands, and food trucks.
This week I’m also writing:
- Discover Giant Omelets at Hellas Carryout in Shawnee Hills
- The Ashtabula County Covered Bridge Trail (Ohio.org)
- Where to Eat, Drink, Hike, & Explore In and Around Flagstaff
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, search for travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map, or…
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.